Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I may just start blogging again......

I'm not sure why but today it was on my heart. I woke up thinking about Joy. True joy that comes from service to Christ not through anything on this rock but through the Hope we have in Christ Jesus. I have been expecting joy would come from the wrong places lately. I have put too much credit on the shoulders of friends and those around me. We may all be doing this more than we realize. "My Hope is in you Lord" I know my joy will be found in Him and Him alone. Even the joy that I see in my friends only comes from the Christ that I see in them. When you give and give and give only to be torn down by those close to you and you let that hurt you it is only because you/I have desired approval from the wrong source. If the giving and giving that is part of my life is as unto the Lord then nothing else matters. So where do we go with this? Just serve, just serve wherever and whenever called and serve as unto the Lord. Love those God has put in your life even if they do not love you back. Love and Serve.

Colossians 3
"17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. ...

22Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. "

Lord give me a heart like that. That all i do will lead to your glory and your honor. Cast aside this prideful heart and make me small Lord.

No comments: